It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted something (anything!) on my blog.
I’ve got excuses! Lots of them.
* I’ve been busy with my work blog – Everything Eggs.
* I had to develop recipes to teach a couple of Afternoon Tea classes – one at Thyme to Cook in Guelph and the other at Household China and Gifts in Waterloo.
* I’ve been doing some recipe development and food writing for Roomplanners‘ e-zine.
* We’ve been doing some spring cleaning, home renovation and backyard landscaping.
* Cocoa got some new pet steps to get up onto our bed, and he had to be taught how to use them! LOL!
* I’ve been doing some traveling – for work and for pleasure:
- Spent a few days in Ottawa (all work except for a fun wine and food pairing event one evening!).
- Took the train to New York to take a Meringue class at the Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan and to visit Loreen on Long Island.
- Spent an extended weekend in Las Vegas.
- Spent a few days in Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of my favourite places in Ontario. Stayed at the Prince of Wales Hotel where we also enjoyed afternoon tea and a couples’ massage. Saw two plays at the Shaw Festival, did a little shopping – bought a small Edward Spera print of an adorable baby chimp (click on the link, then scroll down to see Gombe Girl – I bought a print, not the original!!). Walked around the historic part of town and enjoyed the beautiful flowers. On the way home, stopped in Port Dalhousie for lunch and a stroll down to the beach.
Just some of the flowers in Niagara-on-the-Lake !
But the main reason for not posting for so long will be revealed in my next post!